15 Dec Daniels Prime Rib Roast
Posted at 21:55h in Recipe 0 Comments
Thank you for ordering your holiday roast from Daniels! Follow these instructions to make the perfect roast for you and your guests.
- Pull rib roast from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting, allow to come to room temperature.
- Season roast with Daniels Gourmet Prime Rib Rub
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place rib roast on a roasting rack on top of a roasting pan, fat side up
- Once oven is preheated, gently pat the roast dry and place into the oven
- Roast at 450 for 15 minutes, then drop oven temperature to 325
- Finish roasting at 325, with the cook time totaling 11-14 minutes per pound for a bone-in roast, 10-12 minutes per pound for a boneless roast
- As the roast cooks, use your meat thermometer to determine when to take it out of the oven. Pull at: • 125 for Medium Rare* • 135 for Medium* • 155 for Well Done
- Take out of the oven, and place on a clean roasting rack to rest. Allow to rest 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving
- Serve with Daniels House-made Horseradish cream sauce, potatoes, and vegetables
Chef’s Tip: If you aren’t sure, err on the side of undercooking your roast. You can always put it back in the oven for a little while to cook it some more. Once it’s over cooked, there is no going back!*
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness