03 Jul Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
Posted at 16:38h in Recipe 0 Comments
Slow-cooked, Texas-style pulled pork that is served on a buttered and toasted roll. This recipe uses a slow cooker to cook the pork. Slow cookers ensure tender meat and require little effort to use. See full recipe HERE.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 hours|
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 lbs pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 tbs prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs Chili Powder
- 1 extra large onion chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns split
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.